Around the island….
Let’s see what’s up:
• Village at the Harbour offers senior assisted living, and you can check it out this Saturday from 2-4pm as they host their second anniversary’s open house. I sure like what Seanene & her crew do there…drop by & say hey!
• The Conservation District‘s final tally in their election for a board member: the incumbent Henning Sehmsdorf: 262 votes, challenger Ed Kilduff: 229 votes.
• Did you see John Sinclair‘s photo gallery from the Run Ladies Run 10K this past weekend? Check it out here.
• Word on the street is that Paul is gonna open Pablito’s Taqueria the first week of April or so, in the spot where Steps was.
• They’re showing Beth Hetrick‘s paintings over at Lavendera – drop by & see ‘em! Here’s her artist’s statement:
I have been painting in earnest now for many years, after teaching art to all levels and ages of students for almost 20 years before that. I love art, and it has been a vital part of my life always. My son, my sister, and my mother are all artists as well, We live in the perfect spot, where beauty of form and of place is a big part of our life. The Pacific Northwest is truly a special locale which is often brimming with just such beauty all year round.
Farmers and Fishermen: It is a pleasure to share this spectacular, naturally rich island chain with so many islanders whose family roots remain grounded in our historic past. The fishermen work out of our harbors, the farmers work their farms throughout the islands.
• Sure was fun to play with Britt on Saturday night! Her new album is selling well & if you heard her this past weekend, you know why!
You can get your copy of her album (and listen to the songs – try before you buy!) here.
• Speaking of eating places opening, the Duck Soup Inn opens for the season on April 9th, Friday through Sunday for April.
They will begin their popular Friday Happy Hour on April 16th through the end of June. I hear that Gretchen spent a lot of the winter traveling in Argentina and Chile and her spring menu reflects some of her favorite foods from that region.