Looking around the island, as the snow melts & puddles around us….
• The Third Saturday Contra Dance is this weekend at the Grange – guest band Triangularity from Seattle is coming by, and Marlin Prowell is calling. No experience? No big deal – come early & learn a bit. $10 & $5 for students….starts at 7pm.
• Looks like you have choices now for your gas, especially if you need non-ethanl gasoline – here’s more from Kate Schuman at IPS (Island Petroleum Services):
In response to customer request, we are now pleased to offer Mid-Grade Clear Gasoline (no ethanol!) at IPS, available during business hours M-F 7:30-5:30 and by delivery (minimum order 50 gallons).
We also want to let customers know that we offer a 5-cent per gallon discount if they pay with cash, check, debit card, or Shell Master Card.
Come on by and check it out. We’re at 315 Carter Avenue and we’d love to see you!
Jim and Kate Schuman, Owners, Island Petroleum Services
• If you’re hoping to learn more about the school levy, drop by the info table at Marketplace today & ask…you getta get food sometime, and the island needs to fix up the schools.
• Jan Bollwinkel-Smith at the Community Theatre says this may be your last chance:
Lina Downes tells us that the Winter Carnivale’s Saturday and Sunday (this weekend, January 21-22) performances may be the last chance to see island ballerina Julie Hagn perform “enpointe” in Friday Harbor (remember her mesmerizing “can cans” during The Ladies Man?). Julie is a senior in high school and will be off to college in the fall. Lina says she has choreographed a ballet specifically for Julie to perform during the Carnivale. Don’t miss this special treat!
• Cynthia Stark-Wickman tells me over 165 people came to the New Year’s Eve Party on the 31st, put on by the Prevention Coalition – you can see who was there in this nice portfolio she put together.