Around the island….
G’morning to you…have you told someone you love them yet? Just ’cause you’re off to a slow start, you can still work it in before it’s too late in the day. After that, you’ll need stuff to talk about, so here’s things you might share:
• Here’s another reason to go to the Children’s Festival on Saturday – here’s more from bicycle enthusiast Tracy Roberson:
If you have room to post this photo/info on your page it would be great:
Travel Light Cycles has generously donated this great BMX bike that the Bike Paths group will be raffling off at the Children’s fest. Make sure to stop by our both and sign up for your chance to win.
• Coach Rob Cuomo tells me the lacrosse boys are doing real well – they have a chance to snag the #1 seed in the layoffs in their division this Saturday at the high school field at 2pm – come by to cheer the San Juan Dragons on!
• Tomorrow at Lavendera Massage Center, as part of their ongoing education series…here’s more from Ann Marie at Lavendera:
Thursday, May 3rd from 7-9pm
Reclaim Your Mojo – Men’s Natural Health 101, with Dr. Bronwyn Bacon, ND
Calling all men! This dynamic lecture will focus on how you can keep you health on point with natural medicine. Learn Dr. Bacon’s top tips on how to stay fit, increase your energy and stamina and stay healthy. Dr. Bacon will present the unique challenges men face in their health and how to address these issues with natural medicine.
Dr. Bronwyn Bacon, ND is a board certified physician practicing in Friday Harbor. For more information on Dr. Bacon see her website at www.DrBronwynBacon.com
You can read Alex’s blog here.
• Heard there were folks from the Navy scheduled to present at the County Council meeting yesterday….does anyone know how that turned out?
• Hey – you can “like” the Facebook page for the Scenic Byways (the only byway to include a marine highway)…check it out here. The islands were designated part of the state’s Scenic Byways system last year.