A smattering of what’s happening around the island…
Let’s take a quick look at what’s going on:
• Fourth of July Parade – reserved seating for those with special needs is available! Here’s more from Torrey:
The Friday Harbor Presbyterian Church deacons will set up reserved seating in front of the church for seniors and those with special needs. The restroom facilities inside the church and at 395 Spring St. (house next door to the church) are handicapped accessible and will be available. Chairs with “Reserved” written on them will be placed along the sidewalk. Spaces will be available for wheelchairs also. Please call the church office with your name and number of guests needing reserved seating for the parade. 378-4544
• Wolf Hollow is having a Rummage Sale on Saturday, June 30th from 9am to 3pm at the American Legion! Don’t miss the books, toys, clothes, household items, and other great stuff!
• Did you hear that last night San Juan Pasta’s softball team snuck past Island Towing‘s team 10-5…it was IT’s first loss in seven years! Mike Martin, from the winning side, reported: “I can’t thank Island Towing’s softball team enough for showing a ton of class tonight. They had not been beaten in 7 years and tonight San Juan Pasta’s softball team beat them 10-5. They showed true sportsmanship and showed what a champion looks like.”
• Crow’s Nest Coffee Shoppe is brand new and opening! Not only will they be serving coffee, but stop in for a burger, sandwich, smoothie, or even a hot dog! Located right next to Herb’s.
• Did you know The Place is open for lunch these days? Here’s the scoop…
• Welcome back, Alan Niles! Here’s more:
Great family memento (pets too!)…
Acclaimed pet and family portrait photographer, Alan Niles, will be back on the Island in July for custom portraits.
Alan has hosted several successful portrait events in the past on the island raising money for FH-APS and his work has been on display at most pet businesses on the island.
Give him a call or email for more details. One lucky client will get a trip to Patos Island for a spectacular portrait with the Patos lighthouse. 360 480 5000 or write firstname.lastname@example.org or check out his website.
• The Relay for Life team KeyKiwanis is having a bake sale at Marketplace on Saturday, June 30th. Check out their goodies and help them raise money for cancer research! There will also be a Relay for Life booth in the parade this 4th of July in case you want to walk with them.