Let’s take a look at what’s going on ’round here:
• Martin & Jill (Picinich) Whitfield welcomed baby Arianna this week – congrats! Here’s a bit more from bother Marc:
Just wanted to let the Island know my sister Jill Picinich (FHHS class of ’01) just gave birth to little baby Arianna! Both mother and daughter are doing great and Wendy and Dave are ecstatic to be grandparents.
• My nephew Warren in Chattanooga says he was surprised to find a shirt with “Orcas Island” on it at a Sam’s Store….see, they sell ‘em everywhere.
• Something new at the Duck Soup Inn – here’s more from Anna Lisa:
Hi all! This week we are operating at our full schedule, Tuesday through Sunday for the rest of summer. We are also offering “Wine on Wednesdays” - all bottles of wine are25% off with dinner. Looking forward to seeing you!
• Time to play with the kids – here’s more from JD at Island Rec:
Island Rec is offering a free summer playtime series for families with children ages 3-8. “Playtime in the Park” happens on Thursday mornings, 10:30 to noon, July 12, 19 & 26 at the Fairgrounds Family Park. Come join the fun with theme-centered games, activities, and craft projects suitable for young children.
July 12 – “Jurassic Jamboree:” Adventures in the world of dinosaurs
July 19 – “Things with Wings:” Ah, the wonders of things that flit, float, and fly.
July 26 – “Rainbow Connection:” Cool things happen when water and air combine.
No pre-registration required. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Have you been by the Surina Business Park lately? Lots going on….
• Kathy at The Place tells me they are now serving lunch Monday-Friday 11:30-2:30 for the first time in 15 years. Delicious….check it out.
• Filmed in the San Juans, Your Sister’s Sister opened in mid-June & is getting good reviews – here’s one from The Olympian.
• On Thursday, Lavendera Massage Center offers a free workshop at 7 – here’s the scoop:
The Healing Power of Your Voice
Everything in the universe is in a state of vibration, including our bodies, organs, bones, and tissues. When something is vibrating out of harmony, it’s possible to bring it into balance with sound.
Using techniques based on the work of Jonathan Goldman, River Ashley will lead a series of harmonizing and breathing exercises that will help you find your voice and restore inner balance. Come and experience for yourself what the healing power of sound can do.