Around the island….
Let’s see what’s going on:
• Hey, Hobbes is back in the kitchen after a summer of whale watching – here’s his recipe for this chicken with capers dish (right), as well as lots of other dinner (and breakfast & lunch!) ideas…check out his blog!
• Watching the playoffs is even more exciting when you you know the people – here’s a note from John Bostrom:
Daniel Descalso…I coached that kid when he was in the 5th grade. Got a big hit in the 9th inning tonight and the St. Louis Cardinals are going to the NLCS! Proud!
• Great to hear about this from Tom Doenges:
Hey, Ian - check this out!
I am ordering 6 of these drop boxes from this organization to distribute around town. It is a great way to recycle safely and they donate money back to this cause as well. I thought it would be nice to mention this so that when the boxes arrive, you could make a little blurb about it and where to drop these items off.
Thanks in advance for your support!
• Speaking of good food & good eating, here’s a note from Anna Lisa from Duck Soup Inn:
Hi there, an update to let you know that we are now Friday, Saturday and Sunday for dinner. Our last night of the season is October 28. Come by soon!
• Colors in your food – a great place to start! Here’s more from Dr. Bronwyn Bacon:
As I walked around the farmer’s market this weekend, I was thrilled at how easy it was to find a rich array of colorful fruits and vegetables.
After 15 minutes, I had a bag full of purple peppers, rainbow chard, deep green kale, blueberries, bright orange carrots, a light yellow lemon cucumber, and yellow, green, and red tomatoes.
So why am I so excited about a rainbow of different vegetables in my basket? The answer is phytochemicals!
Thats why in this article I’ll teach you all about phytochemicals and why they are so important to your health.
I’ll also tell you which fruits and vegetables are rich in these awesome nutrients!