1st Community Dinner of the School Year
Posted October 6, 2016 at 5:45 am by Tim Dustrude
Liz Varvaro shares this announcment…
I am happy to announce our first Community Dinner of the 2016–17 School Year will be October 12th from 5:30 to 7:30 in the High School Commons!
We will be presenting a Fall Harvest Menu featuring local produce.
We have increased the Suggested Donations to $15 for Adults and $7 for Children under 12 years old to offset rising food costs. (the last increase was in 2013)
- Oven-Roasted Garlic Chicken — sustainably grown Draper Valley Farms chicken thighs roasted and braised in a garlic pan sauce
- Local Root Vegetables — roasted Island grown beets, carrots, sweet onions, potatoes and parsnips
- Local Squash Soup — puree of local squash, carrots and sweet onions
- Autumn Salad — local hearty greens, Quail Croft goat cheese, local Asian pears, toasted seeds and dried cherries with a light vinaigrette
- Rustic Bread Rolls — light wheat rolls brushed with herbed olive oil
- Snickerdoodle-Pumpkin Pie Bar — by Mr. Hendricks’ Baking Class
Your donations support the Student Chef.0 Internship and Food for Thought Lunch Program.
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.