SJCT 2020 Playwrights Festival Auditions
About the San Juan Community Theatre Playwrights Festival~
2020 has brought a lot of changes and the SJCT Playwrights Festival is changing with it! The challenges of quarantine, social distancing, and maintaining a safe and healthy community have inspired us to re-think our format.
- Plays will be produced as readings, September 3-6, 2020.
- Audiences of up to 50 may be permitted to attend if San Juan County has moved to Phase 3 of re-opening, depending on guidelines from Public Health Officials.
- All readings will be recorded and posted online for public viewing.
- All roles are open. Plays have not been finalized and all interested actors are encouraged to audition.
- There are two sessions, you are welcome to attend either of them:
Wednesday, July 1st, 6pm via Zoom: at this link
Sunday, July 5th, 2pm via Zoom: at this link
- If you would like to audition but are unable to attend, please email email@example.com
- Please be prepared to stay for two hours as callbacks will immediately follow the auditions.
Please come prepared to do a one-minute monologue from a play or book of your choice.
- August 1:
Rehearsal drafts due
Staged reading rehearsals begin
All readings to be performed at music stands with minimal staging
No more than 5 people in the rehearsal room
Two rehearsals allotted before the script is locked
Two rehearsals after the script is locked
- September 1-2
Final rehearsals with full casts (all casts called!)
- September 3-6
Filming of readings on Whittier Stage
Actors called at 6:30pm
Performances begin at 7:30pm Thurs-Sat, 2pm Sunday.
If possible: audiences of up to 50
- September 11
Films released online as ‘Second Weekend’ of performances
Jenni Merritt, Producer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney Kessler-Jeffrey, Production Manager, email@example.com
Stan Matthews, Play Development Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nathan Kessler-Jeffrey, SJCT Executive Artistic Director, email@example.com