Notes from the Island — June 8
Posted June 8, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- The count of actively monitored COVID cases is down to 12 on San Juan Island.
- There’s a multi-family yard sale of housewares, antiques, and decor taking place in the Foxhall neighborhood on Kelsando Circle on Saturday, June 25 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday Harbor Elementary School will be setting its lost-and-found items out in front of the school today to try and reunite them with their owners. They’ll do it again next Thursday, June 16, and everything left after that will be donated.
- Volunteers from the Master Gardener Foundation of San Juan County are available to help diagnose your plant problems. Visit their website to learn more.
- Van Go’s Pizza re-opens today after a short break.
- The San Juan Island Childcare Cooperative has hired Julie Hodges as its new Lead Early Childhood Teacher. Once she gets up to speed, the Family Resource Center will be providing more information about registration for new families.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.