Eastside Stories from Vancouver

Posted September 29, 2014 at 3:44 pm by

It’s always fun to see what FHHS grads accom­plish after they go off into the world. Do you remem­ber Lau­ren Brem? She lived here with her folks George and Sta­cy, and her sis­ter Krys­ta. She grad­u­at­ed in 2005 and now lives in Van­cou­ver BC. She just sent this note over about a cool video she helped cre­ate and she would love to share it with you. Here’s Lau­ren with the story…

Dear San Juan Update,

My name is Lau­ren Brem and I grew up in Fri­day Har­bor, and my par­ents (as well as their par­ents) lived there for quite some time as well. My mom and dad owned Ami­gos and the Hot Shop.

I have since moved to Van­cou­ver, BC Cana­da and have set­tled here work­ing with an invest­ment com­pa­ny, but I have real­ly worked on find­ing my pas­sion through art. I recent­ly got togeth­er with an amaz­ing group of friends and we won a grant from the large cable tele­vi­sion and inter­net provider in Cana­da, Telus. We were giv­en a grant to make our idea a real­i­ty and we just released our 10 minute doc­u­men­tary, “East­side Sto­ries”, this past week. There was a sold out pub­lic pre­miere at a down­town Van­cou­ver The­atre, and we are see­ing the video start to be shared across var­i­ous social media pages… includ­ing so many folks I grew up with in FH.

I hope you find it as spe­cial as we have.

Thanks,
Lau­ren Brem

You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.

Categories: Around Here
6 comments:

6 comments...

1. Hi Lauren–Nice to catch up with you! Con­grat­u­la­tions on this amaz­ing sto­ry. We always knew you would do won­der­ful things with your life–

Comment by Marguerite Bennett on September 29, 2014 at 5:56 pm
  2. Lau­ren, this is pow­er­ful and shim­mers with that ener­gy that aris­es when some­thing is right on tar­get. Thank you for your devo­tion to the inner­most heart of oth­ers. Absolute­ly beau­ti­ful. TELUS was smart to say yes.

Comment by Cat Bordhi on September 30, 2014 at 9:03 am
  3. Thank you so much! Nice to hear from you and thanks for tak­ing a look at our video 🙂

Comment by Lauren Brem on September 30, 2014 at 9:40 am
  4. Lau­ren — what a beau­ti­ful, intel­li­gent & inspir­ing film.
    Way to go girl!!

Comment by Mel Vynne on September 30, 2014 at 11:00 am
  5. Thank you very much Cat… this project cer­tain­ly changed my life.

Comment by Lauren Brem on September 30, 2014 at 11:26 am
  6. Way to go, Lau­ren! Proud of you & proud of the way the video turned out Way to go!!

Comment by Ian Byington on October 1, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Your email address will not be published.

By submitting a comment you grant the San Juan Update a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate, irrelevant and contentious comments may not be published at an admin's discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.

Receive new post updates: Entries (RSS)
Receive followup comments updates: RSS 2.0