Wolverine Spring Playoff Update
Rod Turnbull, Athletic Director at Friday Harbor High School shares this post season report…
We are just beginning the spring portion of our post season events.
Below is an update on the post season opportunities for our spring sports teams.
- Baseball – Our Baseball team has two games left to play in league play and have clinched the league title and #1 seed into the Bi-District tournament which will be played on Saturday, May 13 at Stanwood High School. Friday Harbor will play the District 1 # 3 seed. The game will start at 11:30. A win would move the Wolverines into the Championship game, but more important, it will also qualify them for the regional state tournament. Visit our league website at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/ for more information on seeding and brackets.
- Girls Tennis – Weather has been a disruptive force in this year’s girls tennis season. While the girls have made the best of a difficult situation, it has been frustrating to not be able to complete some of our matches. Our girls will by-pass the district tournament this year at South Whidbey, as it conflicts with AP testing for some of the girls.
- Boys and Girls Golf – Our boys golf team will send six individuals to the District Tournament held at Gallery Golf Course in Oak Harbor on Tuesday, May 9 and our Girls team will send all three of our girls team members to North Bellingham on Thursday, May 11. Each group will be competing to move on to the Bi-District tournaments being played the following week. The girls must finish in the top 24 and the boys in the top 20 to play the following week. More golf post season information is posted at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/ . Use the golf tab to access the playoff information.
- Boys and Girls Track – Our track will head to the District tournament on Thursday, May 11. The meet will be held at Mount Vernon High School Beginning at 4:00. Our athletes will be competing to move on to the Bi-District tournament held the following week at Kings High School. To earn the right to move on, an athlete must finish in the top three in an event. Additional entries may be earned if an athlete has one of the next best times or mark between District 1 & 2 competitors. To see more information about track post season events go to http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/
- Fastpitch – Our Girls Fastpitch team will not begin postseason play until Friday, May 19 at Stanwood High School. Currently, our girls are in first place in our league, with 3 league games left to play. They will play La Conner at La Conner on Saturday, May 6. The District bracket is posted at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/ . Use the softball tab to access the post season information.