Wolverine Spring Playoff Update
Rod Turnbull, FHHS Athletic Director shares this post season update with you…
Below is the updated information for our high school teams post season play.
- Baseball – Our Baseball team won both of their games this past Saturday making them Bi-District Champions and they will now play in the Regional State Tournament at Anacortes’ Volunteer Field this Saturday, May 20 at 1:00. Toutle Lake, the District 4 #4 entry will be their opponent. At the Bi-District Tournament, the boys defeated Orcas 9-2 in Game 1 and then beat Concrete 10-2 in the second game. The Wolverines are now 21-0 for the season and this is the second year in a row our group will be playing at regionals. They need to win both games Saturday to move on to the final four portion of the state tournament in Centralia the next weekend. Visit our league website at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/ for more information on seeding and brackets. Use the baseball tab, then the post season tab to access the information.
- Girls Tennis – Weather has been a disruptive force in this year’s girls tennis season. While the girls have made the best of a difficult situation, it has been frustrating to not be able to complete some of our matches. Our girls will by-pass the district tournament this year at South Whidbey, as it conflicts with AP testing for some of the girls.
- Boys and Girls Golf – Our boys and girls golf teams competed this past week at their district tournaments. On Tuesday, two boys and one alternate qualified for the Bi-District tournament being played this Thursday, May 18 at Gallery Golf Course in Oak Harbor. Dylan Posenjak, and Levi Doenges will be playing and Ian Volk will be waiting as the 1st alternate. Each will be trying to earn their way to the state tournament the following week. Our girls competed at North Bellingham this past Thursday, and unfortunately, none of the girls qualified to move on to the Bi-District round this week. More golf post season information is posted at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/ . Use the golf tab to access the playoff information.
- Boys and Girls Track – Our track teams will now head to the Bi-District tournament on Thursday, May 18 & 20 at Kings High School. Most of the events will be completed on Saturday, May 20. Competition gets started at 11:00 on Saturday. Here our athletes will be competing to move onto the state tournament the following week at Eastern Washington University. Only one athlete in each event will automatically advance. Additional entries may be earned if an athlete meets the state qualifying time or distance. To see more information about track post season events go to http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/. Use the track tab to access post season information.
- Fastpitch – Our Girls Fastpitch team completed their league season undefeated and will now begin postseason play Friday, May 19 at Stanwood High School. As Northwest 1A/2B league champions, the girls will enter the District tournament as the number one seed and will need to win two games to advance as the District 1 representative to the state tournament in Yakima beginning on May 26. The first game on Friday will be at 3:30 at the Stanwood High School’s Varsity field (lower field). The District bracket is posted at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/ . Use the softball tab to access the post season information.