Food Preservation at the Fair
Lots happening at the food preservation booth at the fair this week. Here’s more from Minnie…
We will be having some fun demonstrations and happenings so if you volunteer the time will go fast!
Wednesday, August 16:
- Judging of preserved foods– fairgoers are welcome to watch. We can always use helpers to apply ribbons after the products are judged.
Thursday, August 17:
- 12 Noon – Jim Dunn “Life of the Honey Bee” – a presentation on backyard beekeeping
Friday, Aug. 18:
- 12 Noon – Theresa Dennis “Putting Up With Honey” How to make preserves and jams substituting honey for sugar
- 2:00 PM – Theresa Dennis: “Alphabeets” (a fun activity for kids.)
- 5:30 PM videotaping of Stan-The-Wine-Man’s Vlog another informative interview with a wine maker. Stan is always entertaining and educational
Saturday, Aug. 19
- 5:30PM : Elli Gull will have a presentation on How To Brew Honey Mead – YUM!
Jam And Jelly Tastings
We will have daily Jam & Jelly tastings for the People’s Choice Awards. These are always fun and popular!
- Wednesday, Aug. 16: Jam & Jelly Tasting 3:00 Pm
- Thursday, Aug.17: Jam & Jelly Tasting at 11:00 AM and 2:30 PM
- Friday, Aug. 18: Jam & Jelly Tasting at 11:00 AM and 2:30 PM
- Saturday, Aug. 19: Jam & Jelly Tasting at 11:00 AM AND 2:30 PM
We welcome old hands who have expertise in food preservation and new volunteers who want to learn more about food preservation and brewing your own beverages!
If you want to be involved, here is how you can do it: