Food, Glorious Food!
For the fall Family Art Days at the San Juan Islands Museum of Art (SJIMA), food inspires the art classes. Imagine waving fields of grain, cattle grazing in fields, printing with potatoes and eating your still life model!
Family Art Days are fun for the whole family, and everyone can leave with their work of art. Although donations to cover material costs are appreciated, the workshops are free.
Workshops are from noon to 4:00 pm at SJIMA located at 540 Spring Street, Friday Harbor. The instructors, Lana Hickman and Alice Hibberd are fully qualified art teachers.
The fall schedule follows. Mark your calendars.
- 15th – A Color Study- in potato prints
- 22nd – Landscape, still life and pattern in grains
- 29th – Berries and mushrooms-explore natural dyes
- 6th – Cows in Pasture in collages
- 13th – Native Food in 3-D sculptures
- 20th – Octopuses, crustaceans and seafood creations
- 27th – Become a Spice Islands’ Explorers-art using spices
- 3rd – Still life-in apples and tasty colors
- 10th – Birds in 3-D
Family Art Days and SJIMA would like to thank our sponsors, Suzy and Jay Wakefield and the Community Foundation of San Juan Island for their generous support. Also, these local businesses contribute to the success of the program-Robin’s Nest, Creative Passions, King’s Market, Nana’s Holiday House, Mystical Mermaid, Sandpebble and Jeanine Earnhart.
SJIMA brings art experiences and educational opportunities to the community, artists, students and visitors as we celebrate that which makes our islands unique. Visit www.sjima.org for a complete array of information.