Wolverine Fall Playoff Update
Fall Season is again winding down, and it is time for those teams that qualified to make their post-season runs. This year we have the potential for 3 of our 4 fall teams to make the post season. A reminder, in general, all post season brackets and parings can be found by navigating through our league website at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/index.php?pid=0.5.45.0.300
We also would like you to know that 3 Fall teams were once again recognized for academic achievement by the WIAA. Those receiving recognition this Fall were, Volleyball, Girls Soccer and Boys Soccer. These student athletes work very hard and overcome some unique obstacles due to travel based on our geographic location, yet they continue to earn high academic honors.
Thank you for your support of these students. Here’s the fall playoff picture:
- Cheer – While not in an official post season competition, we still want to recognize this Fall’s Cheer group, and let you know how much we appreciate what they do. The support they provide to our teams is tremendous. Thank you for all you do.
- Boys Tennis – We would also like to recognize our re-instated Boys Tennis Team. We were able to have enough interest in this program to start playing again. Our boys were only able to play in one match this year, but it is a start, and they have built the foundation to continue the program start-up again next year. A big shout out to Kyle Loring, our new Boys Tennis coach, for his leadership in taking on this challenge.
- Girls Volleyball – Our girls Volleyball team had many close league matches they were on that unfortunately they did not win. As a result, our girls, although really competitive, ended up in fourth place for league play and will not earn one of the three berths to the B-District tournament.
- Girls Soccer – Our girls soccer team were Northwest 1B/2B League Champions and will enter their version of the Bi-District playoffs as the District 1 # 1 seed. They will begin play by hosting a loser out game on Tuesday, October 30, here in Friday Harbor at Linde Fields against Auburn Adventist. The game is scheduled for a 1:45pm start. A win would advance the girls into the double elimination round and they would play again on Saturday, November 3. You can access their playoff bracket at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/index.php?pid=0.5.45.11.320
- Boys Soccer – Our boys team finished 3rd in league play this season, and will now enter the Bi-District Tournament as the District 1 # 3 seed. They will be playing District 2’s #2 seed, Puget Sound Adventist Monday, October 29. The site of the game and starting time have not been finalized at this time. Win or lose the boys will play again on Thursday, November 1, at a site and time TBD. You can see their playoff bracket at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/index.php?pid=0.5.45.9.320
- Football – Our Football team has one league game left to play vs La Conner on Thursday, November 1. With a win, our football team would secure at least a tie for the District 1 seed into the state football tournament. Should Concrete win tonight vs La Conner and Friday Harbor win vs La Conner next Thursday, they would be tied for the District 1 seed and would have a tie-break game on Tuesday, November 6 with Concrete. Should either Concrete or FH lose vs La Conner, then the other team would advance. Advancing means playing in the first round of the state playoffs on November 10. Their opponent will be determined by a seeding committee at that point. You can find more playoff information at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/index.php?pid=0.5.45.1.320