Naturalist Training Program
Help people watch, enjoy, and learn about whales from stations at the Westside Preserve, just south of Lime Kiln Point State Park.
San Juan Island Naturalist Program Training Agenda
Saturday May 11, 2019 12pm-5pm
Information Session: 12:00-12:45pm
- Purpose: to inform people about what the program is and how they can be a part of it.
- Who: Caroline Armon and Kailey Genther are going to be introducing the program and speakers, showing the slide show, going over the volunteer handbook, hoping to get those seriously interested to stay for the training at 1pm.
- Where: the Fire Station upstairs conference room, there will be a sign posted on the door leading upstairs.
Training Sessions: 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Purpose: to educate and train this season’s San Juan Island Naturalists so that they are ready to sign up and get out there with confidence.
- Who: Caroline Armon, Kailey Genther, Deborah Giles, Tracie Merrill, Whitney Neugebauer, Erin Corra, Doug McCutchen
- Where: the Fire Station upstairs conference room, there will be a sign posted on the door leading upstairs, and SJ Transit Bus to Westside Preserve and Lime Kiln Storage Shed
- Goal: to have training end with volunteers signed up and excited to get out there!
1:00-1:30pm Giles Wild Orca SSEA Orca 101, Current Research and Regulations
1:30-1:45pm Tracie SSAMN TWM Salish Sea Marine Mammals
1:45-2:00pm Whitney WS PodMatch Information
2:00-2:15pm Erin FOLKS Information
Westside Preserve and Lime Kiln:
2:15-2:45pm SJ Transit Bus to WP Answer Questions
2:45-3:00pm Caroline, Doug Show Where to Set Up at WP
3:00-3:45pm Doug WP History and Plants to Trim or Remove
3:45-4:15pm Bus to Lime Kiln Storage Shed to Show Materials, Equipment, Data Sheets
4:15-4:45pm Bus back to Fire Station Answer Questions, Calendar for Sign Up
Calendar for Volunteers to Sign Up for Shifts
Volunteers Sign Form