Heavy Rain in the Forecast for Later This Week
While flood impacts in the islands are much less than for our mainland neighbors, every few years the islands get enough rain to cause localized flooding- especially in our more “urban” areas.
With a chance of heavy rain in the forecast for later this week, now is a good opportunity for home and business owners to brush up on their flood preparedness.
- Keep drains clear of leaves and other debris.
- If you’ve had flood problems before, prepare for them to happen again.
- Have sandbags, sand, and shovel handy. Perhaps a pump if risk is high.
- Remember, most insurance won’t cover flooding. Know your policy.
- Keep an eye on the weather and your neighborhood.
- Take care of each other, use common sense, call 911 in an emergency.