A Letter To Customers From Market Place and King’s Market
Thank you for your support and patience during this time of COVID-19. We continue to work hard to ensure that you and our employees stay safe and well stocked during this period. We have already discussed many of the measures we’ve implemented in this regard but will be initiating more – and could use your help:
- We ask that anyone who has symptoms of being ill to stay away from the store.
- Please only bring a necessary number of people with you to shop. This will keep the congestion down a bit.
- Please bag your own reusable bags or use our bags. We love reusable bags but this is a new health recommendation to ensure bags aren’t bringing in unwanted germs. We aren’t saying no on reusable bags. We’ve been advised that the best approach is to allow them but not bag them ourselves.
- We have installed hand-washing stations, please use these when you come into the store, and any other time you feel it is necessary. When in doubt, please wash.
- Whenever possible, please keep a minimum of six feet apart from the nearest individual.
We have initiated a couple of measures to specifically help the 65 and over and other high-risk individuals:
- Pick up service at Kings for 65+ and high risk individuals . You order your groceries online (http://www.kings-market.com/online-order.html) and they will be delivered to your car at Kings.
- Shopping time just for 65+ and high-risk customers at Marketplace – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-10am
At the same time we are working persistently with our suppliers and alternative suppliers to keep the stores as stocked as possible. The stores have not been up to our quality standards but we are optimistic that we have seen the worst and it will be gradually improving over the weeks to come.
Together we will get through this. Thank you for your reasonableness and kindness during these unusual and trying times.
Stay San Juan Strong,
Verne, Ashley, Libbey and all of us at Kings and Marketplace