From ‘Going Dark’ to ‘Lights Up’ Campaign Update
On May 5th, we wrote to inform you of the launch of the From ‘Going Dark’ to ‘Lights Up’ campaign to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on SJCT operations. Following the cancellation of events in March, April, and through the end of the summer, the campaign seeks to raise $193,000 of community support by September 30th.
One week later, thanks to the generosity of the San Juan Island community, we are thrilled to let you know that the campaign is 66% complete with $126,000 of pledges! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
We are so grateful for the support of our friends and neighbors and of course our Board of Trustees, all of whom have generously contributed to the From ‘Going Dark’ to ‘Lights Up’ campaign. We’re not out of the woods yet, but the heartfelt and generous response this week has been absolutely overwhelming. We are starting to look at possibilities for outdoor performances in late summer, a socially distant Playwright’s Festival, and what we can program for next season as we work to continue pursuing our mission of Enriching Community Through Performing Arts.
While we look forward to updating you with good news about future programming, we unfortunately have a number of cancellations for the summer. These updates are posted on SJCT’s website: www.sjctheatre.org and listed below:
- May-August 16: The rest of the HD streaming season
- May 30: Tingstad & Rumbel
- June 6: Barbershop Bonanza
- June 11-14: Spring Street History Class
- June 23: Summer Film Series
- June 27: SJIMA’s African Twilight Lecture
- July 5: New Jersey Jukebox
- July 19: Summer Gala
- July 25: Birds of Chicago concert
- August 6-9: Frozen Jr.
- August 29: Krivchenia & Yang concert
Thank you to all our generous donors who have helped us get this far! We still have to raise about $67,000 by September 30th, and for those who wish to participate in the recovery effort, here are some ways you can help:
- If you have already given to the campaign, thank you!Please consider telling friends and neighbors about SJCT’s need for support. The campaign launch video can still be found HERE.
- If you have not given to the From ‘Going Dark’ to ‘Lights Up’ campaign, please consider a gift or increasing your gift.There has never been a more vital time to invest in the future of SJCT. Information about donating online or mailing a gift can be found at www. sjctheatre.org /support.
- Become a Member. Membership begins at $25 per family per year, and include great benefits (all of which will begin afresh once performances start again).
- Give your tickets.If you have tickets for an event that has been cancelled, please consider donating the cost of that ticket back to SJCT. If every ticket-buyer did this, we would be another $8,000 toward our goal!
- Stay informed.If you do not receive our email newsletter, email email@example.com be added to our list. This is one way we’ll be keeping you informed about changes. In addition, to read the complete update about the state of SJCT, go to www.sjctheatre.org.
And lastly, SJCT students have been missing their home away from home as well and wanted to let you know what they miss about being at the Theatre!