Pandemic-related Changes on Washington State Ferries
From the Washington State Department of Transportation
With the state lifting most pandemic-related restrictions on June 30, our ferry system has changed the following:
- No longer enforcing COVID-19 capacity limits
- No longer advising people coming aboard in a personal vehicle to remain
in their vehicles.
- No longer requiring tollbooth employees to use selfie sticks with self-swipe credit card readers (they may continue to if they choose).
- No longer closing off some seating or turnstiles.
- Slowly reopening drinking fountains, but many onboard won’t be reopened
until the vessel’s potable water is turned back on.
- Face masks are required only in indoor areas in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s public transportation order.