In the Mailbag…
Posted October 27, 2021 at 5:40 am by Tim Dustrude
In the SJ Update Mailbag this morning we have this letter from Frank Penwell…
Mullis Center election issues of 2021 are important.
- Senior Voting rights. The current Board ended voting rights, and it took a 2‑year lawsuit to force that Board to hold elections. WHY?
- Questions surrounding finances. The current Board has recently filed 3 IRS 990 revisions that involve over $500,000 in movement of senior assets. The current Executive Board would not allow fellow committee members access to those financial documents, nor would they allow an audit to take place. WHY?
- Membership rights. The current Board held secret meetings to change Bylaws. Those changes took away choices and rights of seniors without Due Process. WHY?
The candidates recommended below have pledged to:
- Vote for an audit to protect senior assets and assure accountability.
- Develop a Senior Bill of Rights, and have it approved by Membership, so no future Board can use back room actions to end established oversight of the Mullis Center.
- Fight to guarantee that all seniors and disabled people retain oversight and control of their Mullis Senior Center.
Anyone over 60, disabled and living on San Juan can vote. Please vote at the Mullis Senior Center November 8–11 between 11:30 and 3:30. Please help restore ownership and rights to seniors and disabled people. Vote for all 15: Paul Arroyo, Clayton Banry, Carrie Brooks, Kathleen Commins, Barbara Dragin, David Honeywell, Nancy Honeywell, Minnie Knych, Jeff Musburger, Frank Penwell, Shannon Plummer, Robert Reilly, Marie Skuffeeda, Rich Swenson, Dwight Ware.
Frank M. Penwell
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.