Notes from the Island — March 31
Posted March 31, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- The transfer station reminds customers to tell the scale house attendant if you have any propane tanks for disposal. There have been a few recent instances in which tanks were dumped into the garbage trailers, where they could have been crushed by an equipment operator and potentially caused a safety issue.
- Swap fruit tree cuttings and learn how to graft your own trees at the grafting workshop and scion exchange at the Grange on Sunday at 3 p.m.
- You’ll have to wait for the next OldTown Bagel Co. pop-up shop — it’s not happening until June.
- Desolation Sound has a new music video for their song “Record Store.” Cecil’s plays a starring role.
- Friday Harbor Family Clinic doesn’t officially open until April 11, but they’re now offering sports physical appointments for students who need them in order to take part in spring sports. Call 360–370-5971 to get scheduled.
- San Juan Island National Historical Park is hosting a public meeting today at 1 p.m. at the American Camp Visitors Center to discuss Islanders’ concerns related to the impact wildlife photography is having on the American Camp prairie.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.