Get your dog to DRINK the water…

Posted May 19, 2009 at 11:01 am by

from the Asso­ci­at­ed Press:

BELLEVUE, Wash. – Fire offi­cials in Wash­ing­ton state said a sun­ny day and a dog’s glass water bowl com­bined to cause a blaze that charred the back of a home. Belle­vue Fire Depart­ment Lt. Eric Keenan said inves­ti­ga­tors deter­mined the glass bowl of water focused sun­light enough to act like a mag­ni­fy­ing glass and start the fire on the home­’s wood deck Sunday.

Inves­ti­ga­tors said there was no elec­tri­cal wiring or oth­er pos­si­ble cause.

The home­own­ers were away, but neigh­bors noticed the smoke and flames. The fam­i­ly dog was res­cued. Dam­age is esti­mat­ed at $215,000.

You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.

Tags: ,
Categories: Random Thoughts

No comments yet. Be the first!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By submitting a comment you grant the San Juan Update a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate, irrelevant and contentious comments may not be published at an admin's discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.

Receive new post updates: Entries (RSS)
Receive followup comments updates: RSS 2.0