Around the island….
How are you holding up with the wind, all day yesterday & last night? Looks like we have a fairly warm (low 50s) day to go with it…let’s look around the island & see what’s up:
• Just a couple of weekends left for the Island Stage Left show “A Walk in the Woods”…be sure & catch it!
• Earlier this week, there were several hundred Pacific white-sided dolphins in the neighborhood – these infrequent visitors come by every so often, and it’s exciting when they do – Beth Holmes caught a little video of them in Eastsound, for SeaDocs:
• Friday Harbor Airport Manager Dave Ryan’s new book is out soon – congrats, Dave, on finishing it! Here’s a little bit about what’s in store:
Tired of corrupt politicians and big business running the show? So is El Monte Slim and he’s doing something about it! Featuring a whacky, absurd and endearing cast of characters, “Bring Me The Head of El Monte Slim!” by D.M. Ryan, follows an eccentric philosopher’s quest to save the world from a massive corporate takeover! But will he succeed or will he be silenced by The Council?
Join El Monte, Pancho, and Annie Price on their hilarious cross-country odyssey of good versus evil in modern America. Available in soft cover at Amazon.com and soon available on Kindle. Check out El Monte’s website at http://www.El-Monte-Slim.com/ or El Monte Slim’s Facebook page under Arts and Humanities.
Watch for specials and giveaways coming soon!
• Things are going well for Julie Packard and Island Wools in their new spot down the alley, across from the Bean, next to Pablito’s, down from Pelindaba & The Golden Triangle…drop by & visit the yarn shop soon! Here’s more from Julie:
Marc says you watched him putting up our new sign, on the building above the Pelindaba sign. We’re hoping this will continue to help visitors and our neighbors find our new location. We love our new space and we’re having a grand time.
I’m dyeing my yarns in the back kitchen and we’re holding classes and social hours upstairs. We’ll be having a holiday open house on Thursday, December 6th with cookies and cider.
We encourage everyone to drop by, bring their projects for show and tell, and get ideas for holiday gift giving.
• Sad news: You know Bruce Vogt, the pianist who played for Chamber San Juans earlier this month? He lives in Victoria, but is in intensive care at the hospital there after suffering some dizziness & blackouts…I’ll let you know more as I hear it….meanwhile, keep him in your thoughts & prayers…
• Remembering Wayne: There will be a memorial service for for my old friend Wayne Pullman at Transformation Church (just down from M & W Auto) on the 3rd at noon…