1st Community Dinner of the School Year
Liz Varvaro shares this announcment…
I am happy to announce our first Community Dinner of the 2016-17 School Year will be October 12th from 5:30 to 7:30 in the High School Commons!
We will be presenting a Fall Harvest Menu featuring local produce.
We have increased the Suggested Donations to $15 for Adults and $7 for Children under 12 years old to offset rising food costs. (the last increase was in 2013)
- Oven-Roasted Garlic Chicken – sustainably grown Draper Valley Farms chicken thighs roasted and braised in a garlic pan sauce
- Local Root Vegetables – roasted Island grown beets, carrots, sweet onions, potatoes and parsnips
- Local Squash Soup – puree of local squash, carrots and sweet onions
- Autumn Salad – local hearty greens, Quail Croft goat cheese, local Asian pears, toasted seeds and dried cherries with a light vinaigrette
- Rustic Bread Rolls – light wheat rolls brushed with herbed olive oil
- Snickerdoodle-Pumpkin Pie Bar – by Mr. Hendricks’ Baking Class
Your donations support the Student Chef.0 Internship and Food for Thought Lunch Program.