Music on the Lawn
Island Rec is very excited to announce the 2018 Music on the Lawn Summer Concert Series.
This long-standing concert series is on Wednesday nights from 6:30-8:15, located at the San Juan Historical Museum, which is at 405 Price Street.
It is a perfect time to grab a blanket or bring a chair and have a picnic. Get ready to get up and dance as well as this year we have exceptionally dancer-friendly groups of musicians lined up. Check them out:
- June 27 – Rocky Bay Band – Join Steve Dyer and his string band for an evening of bluegrass. They are one of the Northwest ‘bestest’ bluegrass groups playing timeless favorites with a ‘twang’. The Rocky Bay Band is known for hard-driving, high-energy bluegrass – Americana pick’n at its best.
- July 11 – Megs McClean – Megs and her band deliver an energetic mix of guitar driven country rock originals and energetic covers. Megs breakout single “It’s My Truck” broke the top 10 ‘Next Women of Country’ and ‘Country Pick of the Week”. She has played for Taylor Swift and Kenney Chesney audiences and headlines numerous Northwest events.
- July 18 – The Mix – The Mix combines the best of a live band with non-stop song mixes, playing not only the best current Top 40, but everything from 70’s funk and disco to 80’s pop & rock. The Mix hails from Seattle and is high energy – playing at festivals, clubs and casinos all up and down the I-5 corridor.
- July 25 – The Pop-Offs – The Pop-Offs is a classic pop rock band that plays songs from the 60’s through today. They are known for their near perfect renditions of The Police, Queen, and such. They played a half-time ceremony for a Seahawks game to great success a few years ago and have been continuing to rock the region since.
- August 1 – Duke and Mojo Nation – This local rock band knows its music and impresses all audiences. Pop rock-and-roll at its best. Steve Cutting and his crew are old hands at moving you from your seat to the dance floor/lawn. His new crew of bandmates have upped their game from an already impressive show.
- August 8 – The Crocs – Back by very popular demand, this improvisational-Indie-funk-Latin-reggae-folk rock band plays memorable covers of your favorite songs. They’re the perfect act to encapsulate the summer. They had a big crowd up and dancing two years ago and we just had to have them back.
www.IslandRec.org, 360-378-4953, 580 Guard St. Monday – Friday 11:00-5pm.