Chamber Awards Ceremony
The San Juan Island Chamber of Commerce held their Holiday party/Annual meeting and Awards Ceremony on Monday evening at Brickworks.
They welcomed Scott Sluis, of Islanders Bank, as new president and said farewell and thank you to Gail Schnee for her 2 years as president. Also there was a Thank you to the Town of Friday Harbor for all they have done for our community, and our town.
2 new members were acknowledged: – Robert Kobrink Construction and Dancing Seeds Farm
And after a quick preview from Island Stage Left for their upcoming production of Christmas Memories, the Awards of Excellence were presented.
Awards of Excellence: Member is recognized as a San Juan Island Chamber of Commerce business member that excels in quality service and or/products, upholds the Island Friendly Spirit, practices the highest business ethics and exemplifies enlightened customer service and staff relations.
See award recipients below:
Other winners that were not present were:
- Accommodations – Tucker House Inn/Harrison House
- Boating – tie – San Juan Canvas/Schooners North
- Education – Spring Street International School
- Kayaking – tie – Crystal Seas Kayaking/San Juan Outfitters
- Real Estate – Windermere San Juan Island
- Restaurant – Mike’s Café and Wine Bar
- Weddings – Cakes by Felicitations