SJICF to Offer $22,500 in Matching Grants at the Fair
The San Juan County Fair is just around the corner, and once again you’ll have a chance to support your favorite local nonprofits at the San Juan Community Foundation fair booth.
Every year, SJICF offers a special matching grant opportunity during the 4 days of the fair. 50 cents on every dollar raised at the booth between August 14th and 17th will be matched by SJICF until each of the 9 featured projects meet their $5,000 fundraising goals.
This year’s featured San Juan Island nonprofits include:
- Animal Protection Society of Friday Harbor: Water Catchment Tank
- FHHS Band Families and Friends: Instrument Replacement and Repair
- Islands Oil Spill Association: Oiled Wildlife Assistance Trailer
- San Juan Island Family Resource Center: Building Expansion
- ‘Round Towner: Expanded Island-wide Service
- San Juan Community Home Trust: 11 Permanently Affordable Homes
- San Juan Head Start: Facility Upgrades
- San Juan Island School District: Baseball Field Outfield Safety Padding
- San Juan Island Women’s Fund: Membership Drive
Don’t forget to stop by to visit the SJICF booth in the main exhibit hall at the fair to hear more about these projects and to donate to the causes you care about most. Online donations toward featured projects also qualify for the matching grants during the fair days. As a special bonus, each donor will have a chance to enter a drawing for an additional $1,000 to be awarded to a featured nonprofit of their choice. The drawing will be held on the final night of the fair.
The annual fair matching grant is one of many ways SJICF seeks to connect donors with important nonprofit projects in our community. Nonprofits are among our community’s greatest assets, contributing every day to enriching the lives of all San Juan Islanders.
For more information, or to donate online, visit sjicf.org.