SJICF Awards $65K in Grants from Fair Matching Program
The San Juan Island Community Foundation has awarded just over $65,000 to 9 local nonprofits, thanks to the generosity of islanders visiting the fair! The Fair Matching Grant program is a popular feature every year at SJICF’s fair booth, and this year was no exception. More than 140 local donors contributed toward the match to fund the following local efforts:
- $9,520 to the Animal Protection Society of Friday Harbor/Water Catchment Tank
- $3,675 to FHHS/FHMS Band Families and Friends/Instrument Replacement and Repair
- $4,475 to Islands Oil Spill Association: Oiled Wildlife Assistance Trailer
- $9,040 to San Juan Island Family Resource Center/Building Expansion
- $8,195 to ‘RoundTowner/Expanded Island-wide Service
- $10,850 to San Juan Community Home Trust/11 Permanently Affordable Homes
- $6,047 to San Juan Head Start/Facility Upgrades
- $3,698 to San Juan Island School District/Baseball Field Outfield Safety Padding
- $9,506 to San Juan Island Women’s Fund/Membership Drive
Carrie Unpingco, Executive Director of SJICF said, “The fair grant program is such a fun way to work with nonprofits and to meet with donors at an event where the whole community gets involved. We look forward to it every year and are constantly amazed at the generosity in our community. It grows every year, and we’re so happy to be able to showcase the work of a great group of nonprofits.”
On the final night of the fair, San Juan Islander Mike Griffin’s name was drawn for the bonus grant drawing. He chose to award it to the San Juan Island Family Resource Center’s building project, adding $1,000 to their total fair grant.
The annual Fair Matching Grant program is yet another way SJICF seeks to connect donors with important nonprofit projects in our community. To find out more about the many services the SJI Community Foundation offers to nonprofits and donors, call us at 360-378-1001 or visit sjicf.org.