Spring Street Sidewalk Construction runs through April 28
From the Town of Friday Harbor
The Town of Friday Harbor is continuing construction on Spring Street.
The contractor is nearly complete with the installation of underground utilities and will focus on installing curb, gutter and new sidewalk from Coldwell Banker to the pocket park through April 28.
Every effort will be made to limit interruption to businesses.
Spring Street businesses will be fully accessible to pedestrians.
Appropriate signage will be placed during this phase of the project. Temporary sidewalks will remain accessible.
Questions regarding the project may be made to the town hall or onsite project manager. As always, the town appreciates the continued patience of business owners, residents and visitors.
Spring Street Sidewalk Schedule:
- Sunday, April 25, evening: prep for curb and gutter.
- Monday, April 26, morning and afternoon: set curb and gutter forms for concrete.
- Monday, April 26, evening: pour and finish concrete for curb and gutter.
- Tuesday, April 27, evening: pour and finish concrete for sidewalk.
- Wednesday, April 28, morning and afternoon: place plywood on sidewalk surfaces while concrete cures. Pedestrian detours will be established through the abutting parking lane and breezeway.