Island Senior: Support the Mullis Center with Community Foundation’s Virtual Fair Grant Program
San Juan Island’s Community Foundation will support local non-profits with matching funds and bonus grants during this year’s Virtual Fair. Funds raised for the Mullis Center will go to help fund our Green and Clean Project as highlighted in detail in the recent article in the San Juan Update, Island Senior: Mullis Center Upgrade For A Green Future.
The four-year project is designed to create a healthier and more energy-efficient facility to meet the future needs of our growing senior population and community.
Already completed is the switch to LED lighting, water efficient fixtures and appliances, a new HVAC and Solar Electric systems, and finally we are currently upgrading roofing, insulation and ventilation so the center will truly be clean, green, and ready for a bright future when at last we re-open!
The San Juan Island Community Foundation has set up a program to match funds for the first $1,000 raised for each non-profit during the Virtual Fair plus contests each day starting August 18 adding to the fundraising and the fun!
Daily Contests include…
- August 18th: $500 bonus grant to nonprofit receiving the highest total $ value for online donations –
- August 19th: $500 bonus grant to nonprofit receiving the highest # of online donations • _Must be unique donors (example – donors can’t give $5 donation 20 times; your dog can not donate with your credit card; kids CAN donate with your credit card – great way to involve them in local philanthropy!) –
- August 20th: SJICF will post an obscure SJI trivia question on Facebook. Anyone can email their answer to SJICF (no Facebook comments accepted). The correct answers given on this day will be entered in a drawing. –
- August 21st: Trivia drawing; winner picks favorite nonprofit to receive a $500 bonus grant! –
- August 22nd: FINAL PUSHto donors; all donors will be entered in a final drawing at the end of the program. Winner gets to choose which nonprofit will get the $1,000 bonus grant.
Check the Mullis Center website and our facebook page to link to our unique donation link starting August 18.
Link to: Mullis Center Website
Link to: Mullis Center on Facebook
Link to: Island Senior: Mullis Center Upgrade For A Green Future.
Thanks to the Community Foundation and to all of you who give to support a green and healthy future for our seniors.