Friday Harbor Film Festival Presents 2022 Best of the Fest
Posted December 23, 2021 at 5:24 am by Tim Dustrude
Friday Harbor Film Festival’s 2022 BEST OF THE FEST series begins brightening your winter on New Year’s Day. Each week during January and February a new event bucket of documentaries, each containing a feature film, a short film, and recorded filmmaker Q&As, will be available on demand on the website, www.fhff.org.
All the films are among the top ten features and top ten shorts shown during the festival last October. Top student films will be shown in February. Tickets are available online. Each event bucket costs only $2.95. To support feature filmmakers, they will receive half of this fee.
The schedule for January is:
- January 1 — 7
- Feature — A Voyage Against Time + Q&A (Steve Mackay & Jonathan Ali Khan), sponsored by Browne’s Home Center
- Short – The Uncommon Garden (Olympia Stone), sponsored by Harbor Rental
- January 8 — 14
- Feature – Firestorm ‘77 + Q&A (Chris Hite & Dennis Ford), sponsored by San Juan Business Park
- Short — The Hunt for the Asian Giant Hornet (Jay Windland), sponsored by Discovery Inn
- January 15 — 21
- Feature — Orchestrating Change + Q&A (Margie Friedman & Barbara Multer-Wellin), sponsored by San Juan Islands Museum of Art. Tales from the Heart Feature Film Award winner.
- Short — The Black Stonefly + Q&A (Cody Lewis and Marc Rotse), sponsored by Windermere SJI
- January 22 – 28
- Feature: The Six + Q&A (Arthur Jones), sponsored by Friday Harbor Freight. Feature Film Overall Audience Choice Award winner.
- Short: Honor Thy Mother + Q&A (Lucy Ostrander), sponsored by Star Surveying. Short Film Overall Audience Choice Award winner.
- January 29 – February 4
- Feature: Boneyard Alaska (Paul Andrew Lawrence), sponsored by Cynthia’s Bistro
- Short: Trailbound Alaska + Q&A (Max Romey), sponsored by Cynthia’s Bistro
FHFF greatly appreciates the work of the filmmakers, the generosity of our sponsors, and the support of all lovers of great documentary films. Check out everything on our website: www.fhff.org.
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.