Notes from the Island — March 25
Posted March 25, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- Make time to catch the spring exhibits at the San Juan Islands Museum of Art, including FIAT LUX, a sculptural installation of fabric, paint, ink, cloth, interfacing and paper by Gail Grinnell. SJIMA is open Friday through Monday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- SJIMA’s take-home family art pack for this week is a splash-and-pour landscape. Register now for pick-up on Saturday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the Museum.
- The Friday Harbor High School baseball team has their first conference game of the season this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. at the Linde Community Fields against Mount Vernon Christian. It looks like great baseball weather with temperatures in the low 50s, light winds, and almost no chance of rain.
- San Juan Community Theatre’s 2022 spring musical will be Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella. It’ll run from May 13 to May 29.
- The Friday Harbor Car Show is coming to the Fairgrounds on Saturday, April 23 from 1 to 4 p.m. You can sign up now to show your car.
- Finally, some good news you’ll have to wait for: Yo Friday Harbor is adding more flavors from Lopez Island Creamery. The additional freezer is already in place, but new flavors won’t start rolling out until we get closer to summer.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here