Notes from the Island — March 26
Posted March 26, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- Ferry puzzles are starting to make their way back onto the boats.
- Friday Harbor High School baseball knocked off conference rival Mount Vernon Christian 13–3 at Linde Community Fields.
- The high school fastpitch team takes on Nooksack Valley High School at Linde today at 12:30 p.m.
- There’s a beach cleanup at Jackson’s tomorrow at 10 a.m. Trash bags and gloves will be provided.
- Van Go’s Pizza has date nut cheddar bread tonight. They open at 4 p.m.
- Coho is running a bakery pop-up tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with croissants, scones and cookies.
- Melodious Notes Over the Harbor’s spring concert takes place a week from today at San Juan Community Theatre. Tickets are still available.
- Jeri Rieger is holding a potholder fundraiser to raise money for the people of Ukraine and their pets. The intricately patterned potholders are made of recycled cotton and come with wooden rings. Get one for $15 or two for $25. All profits will be split evenly between Doctors Without Borders and Veterinarians Without Borders. They’re available at the Little Store until 2 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.