Notes from the Island — April 12
Posted April 12, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- San Juan Island Sea Salt’s fundraiser for the businesses affected by last week’s fire was a great success, raising more than $5,000. The funds will be distributed where they’re most needed by the Economic Development Council.
- Crows Nest Coffee is raising money to help rebuild their business.
- Friday Harbor High School baseball and fastpitch both have home games against Orcas Island this afternoon at Linde. First pitch for both games is 3 p.m.
- Coho has another pop-up shop on Friday from 5 to 10 p.m. This time around it’s izakaya — Japanese pub food. Expect items like Japanese fried chicken, yakitori, katsu, dumplings, and udon noodles.
- Roche Harbor’s Easter festivities kick off on Saturday with egg dyeing on the marina party barge at 1 p.m.
- The Easter Bunny rolls into Roche Harbor on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. Easter egg hunts start at 1 p.m. — in the Rose Garden for kids up to age three, in the Sunken Garden for ages four to six, and in the Pavilion Courtyard for ages seven to 11.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here