Notes from the Island — April 26
Posted April 26, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- Friday Harbor High School’s baseball and fastpitch teams take on Coupeville on the road today at 4 p.m.
- St. David’s Episcopal Church is hosting a free concert this Sunday featuring works from C.P.E. Bach, Giovanni Pergolisi and Richard Lind. Any proceeds from donations at the door will be given to the Friday Harbor Food Bank and the Family Resource Center.
- The Mullis Center is looking for volunteer drivers to deliver meals and help clients travel to appointments both on and off island. They also need reception desk help and assistance with meal setup and kitchen cleanup. Contact Debbie (360–370-7526) or Anna (360–370-7520) if you’re able to help.
- Family Art Days continues at the San Juan Islands Museum of Art this Saturday, where family art packs can be picked up from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. This week’s project involves creating seascapes and waves with patterned paper. Pre-registration is required.
- Friday’s Crabhouse opens for the season on … Friday, of course.
- The San Juan Preservation Trust is looking for bird enthusiasts to help them search for Western Bluebirds on San Juan Island tomorrow morning in their second and final bluebird blitz of the year. You can register here.
Photo credit: Brad Pillow
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here