Notes from the Island — May 31
Posted May 31, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- Friday Harbor High School’s Lily Rock took home eighth place in the 3200 meters at the 2B track & field state championships in Cheney on Saturday.
- Crows Nest is open for business again, located in the narrow space between Be Chic Boutique and Friday Harbor Trading Post on Spring Street.
- Demolition is complete at the site of the April 7 arson on Spring Street. Here’s a time-lapse video of the cleanup. Both lanes of traffic and all parking on Spring Street are now open.
- Zumba classes at Studio JAMM start on June 20.
- The library has cancelled this week’s Tech Tuesday event due to COVID concerns. They hope to resume the program some time in June.
- On Wednesday at 7 p.m. the library will host a virtual event titled Ukraine’s History with Russia: It’s Complicated. Islander Necia Quast, retired Foreign Service Officer, will discuss Ukrainian history with a focus on the country’s relationship with Russia to help put the current events taking place in that part of the world in context. Email Sarah Benson to register.
- Picnik is now open Thursday through Monday from 2 to 8 p.m.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here