Notes from the Island — June 16
Posted June 16, 2022 at 8:20 am by Jeff Arnim
- The San Juan Preservation Trust shares some exciting Island Marble Butterfly news.
- The County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing at 9 a.m. tomorrow to receive public comments about its 2022 Annual Docket, which is the process through which members of the community request changes to the County’s Comprehensive Plan and Unified Development Code.
- Vic’s will be closed until Monday, June 27 for vacation. The street tacos pop-up will continue to operate out of Vic’s space on Saturdays and Sundays in the meantime.
- The San Juan Transfer Station will operate as a PaintCare drop-off location starting tomorrow. You can bring up to five gallons of paint per trip during the station’s regular operating hours — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to noon on Mondays.
- San Juan Community Theatre interviewed Chris Brubeck, a member of the Brubeck Brothers Quartet. They’ll be performing at SJCT on Sunday, June 26.
- Here are this week’s specials at Market Place and Kings.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here