Notes from the Island — June 2
Posted June 2, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- Friday Harbor High School seniors take on the high school staff in a kickball game at Linde Park this evening at 5 p.m. There will also be a barbecue with hamburgers and hot dogs, and any profits go toward grad night. At 4:30 p.m. there will be a home run derby on the baseball diamond, with the men and women’s winners each taking home a $100 gift card from IPS.
- Island Rec’s Camp Eagle Rock still needs four summer camp counselors, otherwise they’ll have to reduce the number of kids who can take part in this year’s program. If you know someone who can help, send them to Island Rec for more details.
- Local reports of boaters traveling too close to Southern Resident Killer Whales on the west side of the island resulted in fines being leveled by NOAA’s Office of Law Enforcement.
- The Toy Box has new summer hours — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday and Monday.
- Climb San Juan’s first birthday is this Friday. To celebrate they’ll be offering $5 day passes, $1 rental gear, and discounted memberships.
- Friday Harbor Atelier will be holding an open house this Friday from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Here are the weekly specials at Market Place and Kings.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here