Notes from the Island — June 28
Posted June 28, 2022 at 8:30 am by Jeff Arnim
- The pop-up taco shop operating out of Vic’s now has online ordering. They’re open Saturdays and Sundays for breakfast (7–11 a.m.), lunch (12–3 p.m.), and dinner (6 p.m.-close).
- Island Stage Left’s outdoor performances of Shakespeare’s The Comedy of Errors start on Thursday, July 14. The show runs Thursday through Sunday from July 14 through August 14, with the exception of Saturday, July 23. All shows start at 8 p.m. Admission is free but donations are accepted.
- Bakery San Juan will be closed on July 4. Any orders for Thursday or Friday of this week need to be received by the end of the day tomorrow.
- Rock the Dock takes place at the Port of Friday Harbor on July 4 in the upper parking lot. There will be food by Vic’s, a beer garden hosted by the San Juan Lions Club, vendors, and music from Tommy Dale & the Dangerfields, River Rye, and the Farmer’s Market Band. Music starts at 4 p.m.; fireworks kick off at 10:10 p.m.
- Friends of the San Juan Island Library are hosting their Cake Walk event on July 4 after the parade, next to the Catholic church lawn and the Pig War Picnic event.
- Local artists interested in selling at the San Juan Summer Arts Festival — which takes place every Friday night in August from 4 to 10 p.m. outside Brickworks — should send a message to email@example.com. There are still a few spots left.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here