Notes from the Island — June 29
Posted June 29, 2022 at 9:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- The Library is hosting Cowboy Buck and Elizabeth at the play shed at Friday Harbor Elementary School today at 1:30 p.m, where they’ll perform songs, comedy, and ventriloquism. Bring blankets and chairs for seating.
- The San Juan County Department of Environmental Stewardship has released an update to their Sustainable Tourism Management Plan. The Public Outreach Report summarizes the findings from recent public events and outlines the next steps in the plan development process.
- Island Rec needs a few volunteers to help run games at the Kiwanis Pig War Picnic on July 4 from 12:30 to 3 p.m. Email email@example.com if you’re interested.
- Friday Harbor Labs is hosting an online information session this Friday from noon to 1 p.m. for anyone interested at studying at the Labs this fall quarter. They’re offering two research apprenticeships and a three-course field research program. All courses are 400-level and involve designing your own research project. Register online.
- The Whale Museum’s volunteer open house has been scheduled for Monday, July 11 at noon.
- Here are the week’s specials from Market Place and Kings.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here