Notes from the Island — June 30
Posted June 30, 2022 at 8:15 am by Jeff Arnim
- UGALA (short for Unique Goods and Local Art) recently opened at 280 Spring Street. They’re selling art and gifts from local and non-local artists. Local artists interested in working with UGALA can give them a call at 360–472-4002.
- San Juan Historical Museum is hosting their inaugural tractor show — featuring both antique and working tractors — on July 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday Harbor Espresso (565 Spring Street) is bringing back their Fourth of July hot dog and bratwurst BBQ. They’ll be grilling and selling in their parking lot until 12:30 p.m.
- Alchemy Art Center still has a few spaces left in their upcoming July classes. You can register online.
- There’s one more On Book performance of Sarah Ruhl’s Eurydice at the San Juan Community Theatre, tonight at 7:30 p.m. It’s pay-what-you-can.
- Sound Healing with Jyoti, a meditative acoustic sound concert, takes place at Alchemy Art Center at 6 p.m. next Friday, July 8, with a $10–20 suggested donation.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here