Notes from the Island — June 4
Posted June 4, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- The San Juan Island Artists’ Studio Tour takes place today and tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nearly 50 island artists are participating in the event this year.
- Island Air Ambulance will have a space at today’s farmers market to share CPR awareness in recognition of this year’s CPR Awareness Week. Island Air’s flight crew — consisting of board-certified paramedics and nurses — will be available to demonstrate and answer any questions for free.
- Roche Harbor Farm is back at the farmers market today with radishes, arugula, baby kale, and lettuce.
- 2022 Senior Farmers Market Voucher applications are now available. Income-eligible seniors will be mailed $80 in vouchers redeemable for produce at island and mainland farmers markets. Contact Debbie Haagensen at 360–370-7526 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Harbor Rental is for sale for $2.95 million. That includes the business, the main building, three industrial-zoned condominium storage buildings, and four unimproved lots farther up Guard Street.
- Friday Harbor Trading Post now has donuts on Saturdays and Sundays, starting at 10 a.m.
- There’s a spring plant sale taking place at the Fairgrounds from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here