Pig War Picnic set to highlight Fourth of July afternoon
Posted June 30, 2022 at 7:58 pm by Jeff Arnim
Music, food, and games are coming to the corner of Spring and Price Streets once again this Fourth of July. The Pig War Picnic, organized by the Kiwanis Club of Friday Harbor, kicks off at 11:30 a.m. following the conclusion of the Fourth of July parade. This year’s schedule includes:
- 11:30 a.m. — Picnic lunch with pulled pork sandwiches, kosher dogs, coleslaw, chips, and hot fudge sundaes. Cash or check only. There’s also a beer garden
- 11:30 a.m. — The Friends of the Library’s cake walk event starts
- 11:45 a.m. — Opening ceremonies, emceed by Kira Sable
- Noon — First music set by the Chameleons
- 12:30 p.m. — Island Rec games begin, including a three-legged race, gunny sack race, egg toss, and pennies in the hay
- 1:15 p.m. — Parade awards, presented by Becki Day
- 1:30 p.m. — Second music set by the Chameleons
- 2:45 p.m. — Watermelon eating contest
Thanks to more than 20 generous business sponsors, all lunch proceeds will benefit programs for San Juan Island children. The Kiwanis Club also thanks St. Francis Parish for their support of the event.
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here