Notes from the Island — Aug. 2
Posted August 2, 2022 at 9:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- It’s primary election day. If you haven’t already returned your ballot, place it in the drop box at the Elections Office (55 Second St.) or across the street in front of the Courthouse by 8 p.m.
- Alchemy Art Center still has a few spaces left for its beginner wheel throwing class, which starts this Thursday at 6 p.m. and runs for four weeks.
- The monthly bird walk at the San Juan Islands Sculpture Park takes place tomorrow from 8 to 10 a.m. All are welcome and donations are appreciated but not required.
- Tomorrow at 7 p.m. at Brickworks, Friday Harbor Labs presents a lecture from Harvard University’s Dr. Mansi Srivastava titled Body Builders: How Animals Regenerate New Parts.
- The Friday Harbor Elementary School PTO’s biggest fundraiser — the pie booth — is returning to the County Fair this year. They’re still looking for a few more volunteers to staff the booth and could use more donations of fruit pies.
- The all-islands Summer Makers Fair is coming to Pelindaba Lavender Farm on Saturday, Aug. 27. They’re still accepting registrations from prospective vendors through this Friday.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here