Notes from the Island — Sept. 21
Posted September 21, 2022 at 9:30 am by Jeff Arnim
- Both of Friday Harbor High School’s soccer teams won yesterday. The boys beat Orcas Island 1–0 on the road, while the girls knocked off Granite Falls 3–2 at home.
- A fundraiser was held at the tennis courts at the high school on Saturday to raise money for a bench in memory of Ellyn Goodrich, a beloved local player who passed away Aug. 31. The event raised $650.
- The espresso machine is back in service at Bakery San Juan. The espresso bar is open from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Prior-year free and reduced lunch applications with the San Juan Island School District expire in three weeks. Applications for the 2022–23 school year are due on Wednesday, Oct. 12.
- The Library’s free Messy Me event, which provides sensory bins filled with interesting materials and textures for kids ages 2–5 to play with, takes place in the Friday Harbor Elementary School gym from 2:30–4 p.m. today.
- Here are the week’s specials at Market Place and Kings.
- Thanks to our advertisers for their continued support of the San Juan Update — including Vote Yes For Our SJ Library.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here