Notes from the Island — Sept. 23
Posted September 23, 2022 at 6:30 am by Jeff Arnim
- The Corner Store is closed today. It re-opens tomorrow at 11 a.m.
- Bingo happens at the Mullis Center today at 1 p.m.
- Farm tours on San Juan Island start today and run through Sunday. Eight island farms are taking part this year.
- Zylstra Lake Preserve is closed Saturday and possibly Sunday this weekend so that the Land Bank and its farm lessees can apply agricultural lime to its pastures.
- The Fall Great Islands Clean-up is Saturday between 10 a.m and 2 p.m.
- Alchemy Art Center hosts the New Moon Sound Bath on Saturday at 6 p.m. — 1255 Wold Rd. The suggested donation is $10-$20.
- The San Juan Golf and Tennis Foundation’s fall fundraiser takes place on Sunday, Oct. 9 at 10 a.m. at San Juan Golf & Tennis Club. It’s a four-person, nine-hole scramble — $25 per player, $100 per team, and the entry fee includes a barbeque lunch. A silent auction runs from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Club members and the general public are welcome. Call the Club pro shop at 360–378-2254 to register.
- Thanks to our advertisers for their continued support of the San Juan Update — including Kings Market.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here