Notes from the Island — Sept. 8
Posted September 8, 2022 at 7:45 am by Jeff Arnim
- There’s still space left in the Library’s book group for third, fourth, and fifth graders. Participants can pick up this month’s book at the Library to register, then read the book at home, and after that attend a book discussion with crafts and activities.
- Alchemy Art Center is registering kids for their Clay Club and Print Kids classes, both of which start Oct. 4. Clay Club is for ages 6–12 and Print Kids is for middle and high school students.
- Riptide Cafe’s fall specials include a bunch of flavored lattes — pumpkin spice, cardamom, golden milk, and maple almond.
- Van Go’s Pizza will be closed for a post-tourist season break from Sept. 13 through Oct. 2.
- Canadian folk rock band The Paperboys perform this Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at San Juan Community Theatre.
- Participants in Island Rec’s Summer Mileage Challenge collectively covered 4,237 miles this summer. The next challenge starts in January; you can register on the Island Rec website.
- Thanks to our advertisers for their continued support of the San Juan Update — including Animal Inn & Wellness Center.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here