Weekly Covid Case Update
Since the last update on Friday November 26th, there have been 6 new confirmed or probable cases in San Juan County. Current case count is now 437.
There are approximately four unvaccinated close contacts of positive cases currently in quarantine in the islands.
- Lopez Island: There are no new cases on Lopez Island since the last update. There are no positive cases under active monitoring on Lopez Island at this time.
- Orcas Island: There are two new cases on Orcas Island since the last update. There is one positive case under active monitoring on Orcas Island.
- San Juan Island: There are four new cases on San Juan Island since the last update. There are three positive cases under active monitoring on San Juan Island at this time.
This week’s report shows a very welcome reduction in cases, and the recent outbreaks appear to have been controlled.
Did you know that there were more COVID cases in San Juan County in November of this year than in the entirety of 2020? The County Public Health Surveillance Team has been working literally non-stop to respond to the recent waves of cases. Tremendous thanks to them, our school staff, local healthcare providers, pharmacies, and others who have been working overtime. And thanks to the impacted islanders who have helped do their part.
IMPORTANT: Get Your Booster!
Registration is now open for Moderna booster shots. Clinics being held the week of December 13th on Orcas, Lopez, and San Juan Islands. This will be your easiest, fastest, simplest remaining opportunity to get your booster. Nearly 5,000 islanders have already signed up for or received their boosters. Please make sure you don’t miss out. Appointments are available now for:
- Adults 18+ Fully Vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna (second dose more than 6 mos. ago)
- Adults 18+ Who Received a Johnson & Johnson Dose at least 2 mos. ago
- Adults 18+ Needing a First or Second Dose (Moderna only)