Notes from the Island — April 20
Posted April 20, 2022 at 6:00 am by Jeff Arnim
- Dwight Henline, the suspect in the April 7 arson in Friday Harbor, was transported to San Juan Island by the Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday. He will appear in San Juan County Superior Court at 3 p.m. today for a review hearing.
- Friday Harbor High School baseball won on the road yesterday afternoon, knocking off Mount Vernon Christian 12–5. The win improves the Wolverines’ record to 10–1 overall and 7–0 in conference play. They return to the diamond on Friday to take on winless Darrington High School at Linde.
- Picnik San Juan — which describes itself as an exceptional wine experience with an elevated picnic menu — opens its doors for the season on Friday. They’ll be featuring local wines from Archipelago and Madrone Cellars. They’re at 10 Front Street, below Downriggers.
- Islands’ Oil Spill Association will be training new responders next weekend at the Fairgrounds. You can register online if you’re interested.
- Family swimming is available at San Juan Island Fitness & Aquatics on Tuesdays (5 to 6 p.m.), Wednesdays (3:30 to 4:30 p.m.), Thursdays (5 to 6 p.m.), and Saturdays (noon to 1 p.m.).
- Don’t forget: the Great Islands Clean-up takes place on Saturday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Here’s how it works and where you’ll need to go on Saturday to help out.
Have something to share with the Island? Whether the news is big or small, let us know!
You can support the San Juan Update by doing business with our loyal advertisers, and by making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation.
Categories: Around Here